Ocalić od zapomnienia. Uwagi w związku z wystawą Śląska rzeźba gotycka ze zbiorów Katolickiego Uniwersytetu Lubelskiego Jana Pawła II w Muzeum Narodowym we Wrocławiu, 27 IV–19 VII 2015 roku

File Description File size Downloads
pdf sobotka_70_2015_2_79-89 PDF
2 MB 6
Bożena  
Guldan-Klamecka
Ocalić od zapomnienia. Uwagi w związku z wystawą Śląska rzeźba gotycka ze zbiorów Katolickiego Uniwersytetu Lubelskiego Jana Pawła II w Muzeum Narodowym we Wrocławiu, 27 IV–19 VII 2015 roku
[Save from oblivion. Comments regarding the exhibition Silesian Gothic Sculpture from the collection of the John Paul II Catholic University of Lublin at the National Museum in Wrocław, 27 April–19 July 2015]
s. 79–89; pp. 79–89

Save from oblivion. Comments regarding the exhibition Silesian Gothic Sculpture from the collection of the John Paul II Catholic University of Lublin at the National Museum in Wrocław, 27 April–19 July 2015

The exhibition showed 12 of 14 Silesian Gothic works, which in 1956 were transferred to reactivated, or actually newly created – after severe war losses – museum collections of the Catholic University of Lublin from the collection of the Archdiocesan Museum of Wrocław, which is the heir and continuator of the Erzbischöfliches Diözesanmuseum Breslau. The transfer of Silesian medieval monuments, as well as the 12 modern works created in Silesia, was the result of the decision of Fr. Kazimierz Lagosz, vicar general of the Wrocław ordinary, in response to the request of church authorities.

Among the works donated to the collections of the Catholic University of Lublin were wooden sculptures – three related to architecture and eight from altar settings not preserved to our times, one wardrobe retabulum in the form of a triptych with a sculpture in the middle and wings painted on both sides, and two altar cabinets filled with sculptural representations, one with a three-person presentation group, the other with a narrative performance. All works are attributed to artistic studios active in Silesia, dated from the second half of the 15th to the first 20 years of the 16th century.

The author describes the monuments presented at the exhibition.

18 Total Views 1 Views Today