Żeńska Szkoła Gospodarstwa Wiejskiego w Końskiej na tle polskiego szkolnictwa zawodowego na Zaolziu (do 1938 roku)

File Description File size Downloads
pdf sobotka_70_2015_1_61-79 PDF
166 kB 18
Grażyna 
Pańko
Żeńska Szkoła Gospodarstwa Wiejskiego w Końskiej na tle polskiego szkolnictwa zawodowego na Zaolziu (do 1938 roku)
[Female School of Agricultural Economics in Końska in the context of vocational schooling in Trans-Olza Silesia (until 1938)]
s. 61–79; pp. 61–79
Summary p. 78–79; Zusamennfassung p. 79

Polish youth from the Czech part of Cieszyn Silesia had limited opportunities to obtain education in Polish. The Polish private school (named after Juliusz Słowacki) in Orłowa (Czech Orlová) and Polish lessons at the Czech teacher’s college in Silesian Ostrava did not satisfy her needs. The author presents the history of the School of Agricultural Learning in Końska (Czech Konská), now part of the city of Třinec (pol. Tzyniec) and the impact it had on Polish society in Trans-Olza Silesia, This school prepared girls, both rural and urban, to run a home and live in a family. In addition to practical skills, the pupils gained general education and strengthened their knowledge of the Polish language. She also prepared to participate in social work important for the Polish minority and taught patriotism. The school maintained ties with Poland, mainly through school trips. Teachers came from the school in Orłowa and Polish departament schools.
The girls also had the opportunity to obtain education at the School of Household in Orłowa, founded before I World War and reformed in 1927. Preparation for the profession of a farmer could be obtained at winter household schools. In the school year 1937–1938, there were 14 such schools in Trans-Olza Silesia. The best of them included those in Návsí (pol. Nawsie). There were also industrial schools that prepared for work in the craft – in the 1930s they existed 12 in Trans-Olza Silesia. Preparation for the profession of a trader could be obtained at the Trade School in the Polish part of Cieszyn (until 1926), and then (from 1937) at the Czech Trade School in Orłowa, in which a class for Polish pupils was created.

51 Total Views 1 Views Today